Monday, July 23, 2012

The Spin Cycle, 7/23

A round-up of recent happenings in the world of PR, marketing, and other things I find interesting.

Talkin' 'bout my generation: Cathryn Sloan pokes a hornet's nest by writing that every social media manager should be under 25. Let it go, my fellow Gen-Xers. Someday she'll be looking over her shoulder, too.

Getting a bad reputation: Another lesson from Penn State is that nothing stays hidden forever, despite our best efforts. It's the dark side of what I was told by the person who gave me my first job in PR: Sometimes your greatest achievements in public relations are what doesn't happen, the stories that don't get reported.

Video's the thing: We shouldn't need to be reminded of the power of video to tell our stories, but those of us lookingto invest more resources into video appreciate the affirmation.

Speaking of videos, here's a cool one from where I work.





No comments: