Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn.

I've noticed the sign below a few times at Idlewild Park in Ligonier, Pa., and though no one in my family has a food allergy, it rankles me nonetheless.

What is the purpose of this sign? To avoid a lawsuit in case someone with an allergy becomes ill after eating the park's greasy food? To spare the 17-year-old working behind the counter the embarrassment of having to explain that the park couldn't care less that you or your kid can't indulge in the overpriced treats?

I'm not sure how else the park's management could get the message across more gracefully. Of course, the best solution would be to actually care enough about your customers to provide at least a minimum of alternatives, rather than find a more nuanced way to tell them to get lost.

No comments: