So it was a tough year: My mother died, I moved into a new house (a good thing, but stressful), and work was crazy. My blogging fell off, but nonetheless I cobbled together this list of my top posts last year in terms of page views:
1. What We Can Learn From America's Hat: Unlike the American version, the Canadian definition of public relations includes an emphasis on relationships. Damn socialists.
2. Frankly My Dear, We Don't Give a Damn: In which a once-adored but declining amusement park tells customers with food allergies to go pound sand.
3. And You Do What For A Living? Speaking of defining PR, in this post I reviewed the leading contenders in the PRSA's effort to eke out a new definition for our ever-evolving craft.
4. The Medium is Still the Message: It turns out people trust "owned media", like a brand's web site, over paid media like advertising even though the source of the information is ultimately the same: the brand itself.
5. What's in a Name? Faltering brands that think a new name and new logo will change their fortunes are sadly mistaken.
Happy New Year!